Butler Catholic School has established a uniform policy based on concern for the academic performance and behavior of the students. We ask that parents ensure that the uniform policy is adhered to by carefully supervising what the children wear to school. Should a problem arise with compliance, the principal will contact parents. The uniform for Butler Catholic consists of the following components:
10905 Dutton Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
- Items marked with an asterisk MUST be purchased thru Flynn & O’Hara who come on-site in mid-July or you can purchase via their website.
- Uniform resale dates are offered 1-2 times per year. Gently used uniforms are available to sell or purchase.
- Navy blue, white, black or gray above the anklebone socks or stockings are to be worn at all times. Peds and leggings are not permitted.
- Tennis shoes are permitted.
- Backless shoes or clogs are not permitted – Safety Issue.
- All shoes must be securely and properly tied at all times.
- Denim is not permitted – except when using a jeans/tennies pass.
- Makeup of any kind is not permitted.
- All shirts & blouses must be tucked in except for the banded bottom shirts.
- Only the BCS logo is permitted (not required) on blouses, shirts and sweaters.
- Jewelry may be worn if not a distraction.
- Belts with a buckle are to be worn in Grades 4-8 – both girls and boys.
- Boys’ shorts may be worn from August thru October 31 and again from May 1 to the end of the school year.
- School spirit sweatshirts & hoodies may be worn from November 1 thru April 30. Approved School Spirit wear only.
- Gym uniforms MUST be purchased through Butler Catholic School
- Kindergarten – students may dress for school wearing the appropriate gym uniform on their gym day.
- 1st thru 8th Grade – students must bring their gym uniform clothes to school and change for gym.
Jeans and Tennies Day Pass
HOW TO EARN
Students have the opportunity to earn Jeans and Tennies Passes in several ways:
- Eat Out Nights – There is a weekly Butler Catholic Night at a designated restaurant (see your monthly calendar for dates and restaurants). Students must bring their receipt to school the next day with their name and homeroom number written on the receipt. A jeans and tennies pass will be issued to all children in the family.
- PTG Meeting Attendance – If a parent or guardian attends a PTG meeting they will be asked to sign in under their child's homeroom. A jeans and tennies pass will be issued for all children in the family.
- Special Days – Occasionally Sister will designate a day as a "Free Jeans and Tennies" Day
- Student Council – Student Council will have a Jeans and Tennies Day (sometimes called a "Dress Down Day") where the students will have to pay a dollar, which will be donated to a charity, to be permitted to wear jeans and tennies.
- Market Day – Occasionally students will be able to earn a jeans and tennies pass by participating in a special event coordinated by the volunteers who operate the Market Day Fundraiser. For example; during the pie sale – a jeans and tennies pass will be issued for every three pies that a family purchases or sells.
- Purchase – You may purchase a pack of 12 passes for $10. Limit 2 packs per child with the first pack purchased by November 1st and the 2nd pack by March 1st. Jean passes expire at the end of the current school year.
RULES and REGULATIONS for JEANS & TENNIES DAYS
- Must turn in a Jeans and Tennies Pass on the day you wear jeans and tennies
- Blue Denim jeans are the only items allowable.
- Jeans must fit at the waist and be an appropriate length.
- Mid-calf length blue denim jeans are allowable.
- NO jean shorts.
- NO ripped jeans.
- NO sweatpants, wind pants, or leggings.
- NO jeans and tennies are to be worn on Mass days (including Chapel Mass).
- NO underclothing is to be visible.
- NO tank tops, camisoles, spaghetti straps, etc.
- NO skin is to be visible (no midriff tops or low waist jeans allowing skin to show).
- School shirts are NOT required to be worn.
- Appropriate tops or t-shirts are permitted.
- No tank tops, camisoles, spaghetti straps or sleeveless shirt of any kind.
- Jeans may not be worn more than 2 times during a week.
- Passes are not transferable EXCEPT to siblings.
- Blue denim skirts (may not be shorter than 2” above the knee).
- Students are permitted o wear school spirit wear clothing during designated times of the year.